Do you have a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or the BNY Mellon Charitable Gift Fund? If so, you can make a gift recommendation in just a few steps by using this link.

Our new DAFDirect widget allows you to contact your fund’s charitable sponsor and recommend grants to be distributed to The Lonely Entrepreneur.


Are you looking for an easy, cost-effective way to support The Lonely Entrepreneur and other causes you love? A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable investment account for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations, may be the right choice for you.

donor advised fund is an account that you set up but which is managed by a nonprofit organization. You contribute to the account, which grows tax-free. You can recommend how much (and how often) you want to distribute money from that fund to The Lonely Entrepreneur or other charities.

Here’s how it works. You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend—but not direct—how much and how often money is granted to The Lonely Entrepreneur or other charities—sometimes as easily as using a Web portal. And you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.

What do you receive in return? An immediate federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account, and the power to make recommendations on which charities to support whenever you want. You centralize your giving and record-keeping in one location. And maybe best of all, you can start a legacy of giving by letting your children help decide which grants to recommend.


With as little as $5,000 in cash, an individual, family, or foundation can establish a donor advised fund. Be sure to consult with your financial adviser regarding contribution standards.

Appreciated Securities
Eliminate capital gains tax by donating appreciated assets you have held for more than a year on the transfer.

Retirement Plan Assets
You may make your donor advised fund a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets. You could then designate your loved ones as the donor advisors, which would allow them to make recommendations on what charitable organizations to support through the fund.

Tangible Personal Property
You may be able to use non-income-producing property such as stamp and coin collections or works of art in exchange for a federal income tax charitable deduction.


  1. Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.

  2. Get to know the organization’s policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.

  3. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.

  4. Contact [email protected] to discuss using donor advised funds to support us.

  5. If you include us in your plans, please include the following information:

The Lonely Entrepreneur, Inc.
EIN 82-5384709
336 Lexington Avenue
Suite 5
New York, NY 10016